A school has been operating on the current site since 1874. The opening of the school on a half acre block donated by George Ward Cole took place on October 12th, 1874. The head Teacher was William Baine McBeth and the average pupil attendance was 23.
The brick building that now houses the library was originally a weatherboard structure that was opened in 1910.
This photo shows pupils at the school around 1910.